সোমবার, ১২ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Junglefrog Cooking Couscous salad with halloumi and apple ...

Couscous salad

It?s been a weird week. With Gizmo no longer with us, I still find that I expect to see her at every corner. You know how that is. Everyone has those little habits that are hard to break! To give an example; when we go to bed we always used to check where Gizmo was, making sure she wasn?t sneaking into a space she wasn?t supposed to go into (she was very good at that!) And I still have to remind myself every night that we no longer have to do that. It doesn?t matter if doors are open or closed. I still go on auto pilot to the cat-food section in the supermarket, only to turn around, and realize we don?t need that.

couscous salad

Couscous salad with pistache

I also like to thank everyone for your kind comments after my memorial post for Gizmo. It really means a lot that you will miss her funny face as much as I do! Or maybe not as much but a little bit anyway.. ;)

As with anything there is always a bright side to things; one of the downsides of having a geriatric cat is that we couldn?t travel together for long periods. Apart from the fact that she needed her medicine every day, if we were gone for too long she would go into hunger strike? Yes, cats do that too! So two years ago we made the decision to not go on extended vacations for as long as she would live. It scared me a little too at time, to even think about the fact that she might live to be 30! Lol? imagine that? Anyway, partially to distract myself from missing her I started searching for holidays this week and we booked our first trip in a long time! Whoohoo!!

So it?s gonna be Cuba. We?ve wanted to go there for a really long time, but it?s finally happening. Which means ? nightmare of nightmares ? I need to get my behind into bikini shape. And I need to do it rapidly too! Only three months to go and that ain?t a long time! So expect to see a few salads popping up here and there. Maybe I should go a little lighter on the halloumi really but this is really really good. And I used my homemade halloumi ofcourse! I promised to give you this recipe ages ago so here it finally is!

The saltiness of the halloumi goes really well together with the crunchy pomegranate and the slight acidity of the orange-dressing.

Ingredients:

  • 75 gr couscous
  • 1 slice of halloumi
  • 1 stock cube
  • 1-2 tbsp pistachio, roasted and chopped
  • chives
  • 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
  • 1/2 apple cubed

FOR THE DRESSING:

  • 2 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tbsp pomegranate juice
  • oliveoil
  • lemon juice
  • salt
  • pepper
  • vinegar

?

Directions:

Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock. Make sure the couscous is just submerged but do not use too much stock. Cover with a lid and leave to stand for about 4 minutes.

Make the dressing by combining the ingredients and whisking them all together. I didn't measure it exactly so just go with your own flavor instinct until it tastes to your liking.

Cut the halloumi into cubes and quickly fry them in hot oil. Leave to drain on kitchen paper and try not to eat them all before they go into the salad.. ;)

Put all the ingredients for the salad into a bowl and mix it together. Add a bit of the dressing, mix and serve the rest of the dressing to the side.

?

Recipe by Simone van den Berg

Source: http://junglefrog-cooking.com/couscous-salad-with-halloumi-and-apple/

Medal Count Sam Mikulak London 2012 diving Tim Berners-Lee Olympics 2012 Schedule Kenneth Branagh Lupe Ontiveros

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন